Well another week has passed, and if you are like me as of late, we really are confused as to wear the time has gone. I've been considering a lot of different things as of late. Job options, menu choices, and coffee vs matcha as of late. Some really hard stuff, ya feel me?
Then every Sunday I think to myself, "Did I accomplish everything?" Not something I'm proud of, but something I learn to accept, for RIGHT NOW.
I thought we talk and list and ramble this Sunday morning/afternoon, if you will.
1. Let's talk about working with what you got. I spent two shopping prepping for meals to come and I still found myself needing more! Seriously? I looked at my pantry and for the first time in a while it was full. I realized I had been over thinking it. I used to make magic with anything. So, when my menu comes out, don't be surprised if it says vegetable in season/available. Surprise!!! Own it. Explore it. Be proud of it.
2. I'm in a need of a new book. I've been reading Gabrielle Bernstein's 108 book. But, with longer train rides and alittle more downtime, I think a story is needed. Even to give my mind a rest from thinking about food and work.
3. I've become a matcha fan. A matcha fanatic if you will. Can you believe I actually used to have to force it down my throat? Sorry for any visuals. But in all seriousness, I was not a fan. I thought it made for a good coffee alternative for when under-the-weather. But it used to taste like creamy green tea? Well, now I like creamy green tea lol
4. Found another Netflix series! I've actually been watching, Parenthood, as I've noticed I'm a sucker for family-real-talk TV. I grew up with being very close with my family, grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousins. I guess it's a bit of nostalgia and wish to never change. Like I say, "La vida no es facíl."
5. The runner up is, The Chef's Table. OMGGGG! Give me all the inspiring foodie stories, all the failures and struggles, and all the good food proudly created. It really does make you think about food in it's more vulnerable pure form, and how one person can make this ingredient so accessible to the masses. Only with care, conciousness, and curiosity. Extra. Ordinary. Basically, I want to go to cooking school now. Or maybe in 10 years. Or maybe in my dreams. Hey, it's never too late, right?
6. I finally see, or rather feel, the energy that so many people have tried to express. I'm talking there love and appreciation for New York City. To be honest, I never saw much past the Christmas spectacular, broadway, and people looking super trendy in the dead of winter. Yet now, I kinda love it. I feel the diversity, strength, and pride that has gone with it. I may be there to stay, just for a bit longer.
7. I'm still a Jersey Girl. My car let's my soul wander. Downtowns keep me humble. The shore is my forever summer love affair.
8. Go to yoga. Practice yoga. Make yoga.
PS. Excuse the typos. I was flyin' free this morning
PSS. None of my links decided to work. So this is what we talked about.